Thursday, October 17, 2013

Blog Post 1: Ted Mosby: Love at First Sight

Love at First Sight. Perhaps, it is the most romantic thing that can happen to anyone. It makes people lose their heart and mind within a matter of several seconds. 

I remember the first time I experienced love at first sight. I was in fifth grade, just a little boy sitting silently next to the door. I was a transferree student back then. I was mildly fascinated, look at all the new faces in the room. As I scanned the room, my eyes saw a girl I had never seen before. She was sitting across the table where I was seated and she was elegant. At that moment I realized that I was addicted to her. I just had to look back at her and stare at that beautiful face. Just like Ted Mosby when he saw Robin Sherbatsky in the sitcom "How I Met Your Mother".

How long does it have to be to be able to say you are or you are not in love?


As I was reading this article about Love At First Sight by Margarita Nahapetyan, Psychologists claim that men fall in love first. And also Psychologists says that love at first sight depends on our psychological state at the very moment. It think sometimes we will not even notice those charming eyes, and other times they can deeply impress us. Also they say we need approximately 30 seconds to fall in love or, to be more precise, to establish whether the person is attractive, and a potential mate.

This article clearly shows what happened to Ted Mosby after he saw Robin Scherbatsky across the bar. He fell in love immediately with Robin right after one glance. As Psychologist Jon Maner said "The study gets at the basic perceptual aspects in mating, It shows how quickly, strongly and automatically people are attuned to physical attractiveness whether looking for mates or guarding their mates from potential rivals". 


Can love at first sight be real? Do we really know what love at first sight is?


Another article that I've read is The Truth About Love at First Sight by Hal Johnson, this article tells us that love at first sight is a unique, instant attraction and a connection for a complete stranger having the indescribable chemistry. However, for others there is no such thing as love at first sight. Because everyone is unique and totally different from one another, they believe that they should get to know the person better before they fall in love. In contrary, others think that there are no time requirement and hard rules when it comes to love.

Just like what happened to Ted Mosby and Robin Scherbatsky when they first met. There was this instant attraction and a connection with each other even though they are complete stranger for each other. However, as Hal Johnson said "Everyone is unique and totally different from each other" Robin is one of those person who doesn't believe at love at first sight. So the moment that Ted told her that he loves her the connection and attraction of Robin towards Ted immediately disappeared.

1 comment:

  1. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return
    happy wheels
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete